Creamed Kale and Chickpeas
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
An easy and incredibly delicious entrée, combine sautéed kale, onions and chickpeas with a creamy garlic cashew sauce.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened soy, almond or hemp milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added or low sodium chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- Place cashews, non-dairy milk and garlic in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons water in a large skillet or dutch oven and water saute the onion and carrots for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in the chickpeas.
- Gradually add the kale and saute until kale starts to wilt, adding additional water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cover and cook until kale is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cashew sauce and crushed red pepper. Cook, uncovered for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
Calories per serving: 335 kcal
Fat per serving: 11.6 g
Saturated fat per serving: 1.8 g
Carbs per serving: 46 g
Protein per serving: 16 g
Sodium per serving: 70 mg
© 2001 – 2018 Juice Guru, LLC