Love Yer Greens Salad
Our tangy vinaigrette dressing makes the ingredients in this salad come alive. Tender baby spinach and crunchy lettuce make the perfect bed for crisp cucumber, silky avocado, tart tomato, and sweet bits of carrot. This rainbow array is as much a pleasure to look at as it is to eat.
- 3 medium romaine lettuce leaves, torn (1 cup)
- 3 medium red leaf lettuce leaves, torn (1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- ⅓ medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ large carrot, grated or thinly sliced
- ½ cup clover sprouts
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 TB. dulse flakes
- 1 TB. apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp. Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 TB. cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, baby spinach, avocado, cucumber, carrot, clover sprouts, cherry tomatoes, and dulse flakes. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or mini food processor, combine vinegar, Dijon mustard, Himalayan sea salt, and extra-virgin olive oil. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to coat. Sprinkle with black pepper, and serve immediately.