(Recipe courtesy of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Green Smoothies.)
Subtle blueberries and sweet but tart raspberries and blackberries are blended into creamy berry bliss when combined with floral yet earthy vanilla.
Makes: two 16-ounce servings
Serving Size: 2 cups
Vitamin A: 108%
Vitamin C: 105%
• 1 ó cups almond milk
• 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
• 1cup fresh or frozen raspberries
• 5 large pitted dates
• 2 kale leaves, stems removed
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Place all of the ingredients in a strong blender and blend well.
• Try replacing blueberries in this recipe with 2 packets frozen acai for a berry taste that perfectly complements vanilla.