The holiday season is the best! Spending time with those you love … exchanging gifts … sharing love … making memories. We at Juice Guru wish you happiness and health this holiday season.
But let’s not forget the hallmark of the winter holiday season – being surrounded by rich foods, sweets and desserts. They taste so good going down, they certainly are hard to resist… And let’s not get started on the holiday eggnog and New Year’s Eve cocktails…
Maintaining your figure, keeping up your energy and staying healthy aren’t easy through the temptations of the holiday dinner table and those New Year’s Eve parties.
It’s a good thing we’ve got the answer. There is a way to have your holiday cake (literally and figuratively) and maintain your weight and health too.
It’s as easy as having a Daily Juice.
One 24-ounce green juice to start off each day of your holiday week is the key to having the energy to enjoy this holiday season to the fullest.
To better explain why, here are Juice Guru’s top 10 reasons to enjoy a Daily Juice through your holidays.
1. Daily Juice helps you keep it all in moderation. Those Christmas cookies sure are tempting… But you’ll be less tempted to nosh throughout the day or overindulge on unhealthy treats and desserts if your body feels satisfied.
Having a large juice first thing in morning fills you up in the right way – with a healthy dose of nutrients. When you think of drinking fresh juice, you may not think “satisfying…” But in truth juice satisfies your body’s real hunger better than any fattening indulgence. When you feel that nagging pang of hunger, that’s really your body telling you it needs nutritious fuel, not another bon bon.
A single juice can deliver the nutrition of a large serving plate full of leafy greens, fruits and veggies in a single drink. Simply put, you will flood your body more with more nutrition in one Daily Juice than most of your friends get in a week or more.
What does that mean for your holidays? Less hunger means less temptation to overdo the treats. You may still want some … we mean, who doesn’t? But filling yourself first with juice will help you naturally cut down on the bad stuff. And that will help you maintain your healthy weight into 2016.
2. A Juice-a-day keeps flus and cold away. Fresh juices taste great. But there’s more to your daily “cup of sunshine” than that. Many fruits and vegetables naturally help to boost your immunity and keep away those nagging winter colds and flu. And combining them in a cup of fresh juice is the most delicious way to keep healthy.
One of our favorite health-boosting additions to any juice is lemon. Lemon, of course, will bring out the delicious flavors of everything else in your juice. But lemon is also brimming with vitamin C, which is vital to building and maintaining your strong immune system. Ginger, too, is helpful to keeping flu-free. Ginger heats your body on a cold winter day and promotes healthy sweating to detoxify your body and fight infections. A little ginger goes a long way … you only need ½ inch to add spice to your juice.
If you’re feeling a cold coming on, try our Cold and Flu Buster recipe below.
3. Daily Juice can bust that New Year’s Day hangover. It’s inevitable. That awesome New Year’s Eve celebration is almost always followed by the headache and fatigue of the New Year’s Day hangover. You could mask your headache by popping more substances into your overburdened system, but that won’t really cure you or give you back your pep.
Instead, try a juice this New Year’s Day. A fresh juice can cure you of a hangover naturally. Hangovers are largely caused by toxins in alcohol and the dehydration that occurs when you drink too much.
The right juice will both detoxify your system of those impurities causing your pain and fatigue, and flood your body with natural moisture. Try a straight watermelon juice. It’s one of the easiest juices you can make with a debilitating hangover. It also gives you all the detoxifying moisture you’ll need to be feeling better in no time.
4. Daily Juice adds festive color to your holiday table. Juices aren’t just green. They can come in all of the colors of the rainbow – from vibrant reds to shiny orange. Serve one up in champagne flutes with a little sparkling water to dress up your healthy holiday table this year. Try cantaloupe juice with a splash of sparkling water.
5. Juice is a better kind of sweet Holiday treat. Sugar. It’s the demon in those holiday treats that will fatten up your waistline and compromise your immunity. The more we learn about processed, industrialized, and isolated sugars, the more we should want to give them up. It’s a good thing that – for most people – fruit and fresh fruit juices are different.
Some fruits, such as apples and berries, are natural blood sugar regulators. They can deliver the sweetness you crave, with the fiber and other nutrients to keep you from gaining weight and feeling the other harmful impacts of sugar consumption.
A 2012 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that berry juice contains a particular phytonutrient that keeps sugar from being absorbed in your digestive system. Participants who drank the juice did not experience the same spike in blood sugar or the harmful sugar crash associated with eating or drinking processed sugar. What’s more, the juice actually offset the spike and crash associated with regular sugar when added to the juice.
What does this mean for your holiday? Satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious glass of apple blueberry juice instead of Christmas pie. And if you really can’t resist that pie, you’ll at least offset some of the damage if you eat it with your juice…
6. Daily Juice nourishes you like nothing else. A fruit as basic as an apple delivers proven antioxidant, cardiovascular, anti-cancer and anti-asthma benefits. Now imagine drinking the nutrition in 5 apples and a bunch of nutrient-rich kale in a single basic Daily Juice, and you can see where we’re going here. The truth is fresh juice is like a magical liquid vitamin pill. It’s one of the best ways to ensure you stay healthy throughout the winter season.
7. Daily Juice can help make your holiday guilt-free. Filling up on nutrient dense juice first thing every day will help offset the guilt of any holiday bingeing you might encounter…
8. Daily Juice will help you glow in that little black dress. Want to naturally enhance your beauty this New Year’s Eve? Daily Juice is just what your stylist ordered. Nourishing your body boosts your circulations and gives you a natural glow in the short term. In the long term, fresh juices do so much more.
We’ve all heard of free radicals. They are substances that are both made in our body and invade our bodies from pollutants in our air, water and food. They break down our cells and can lead to premature wrinkles and sagging, as well as an overall unhealthy look. Antioxidants are natural substances that counteract free radicals, and they are only found in plant foods. Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants in abundance.
Fresh pressed juices allow you to consume a more of these antioxidants as a result of the volume and variety of produce you can juice into a single drink. It’s the best “beauty drink” money can buy…
9. Daily Juice will give you energy to party into the night. When you drink a fresh-pressed juice, one of the very first things you notice is how energized you feel. The energy from fresh juice is immediate and doesn’t result in a crash like caffeine and energy drinks. If you want to party late this New Year’s Eve, have a Daily Juice before you go.
10. Tis the season for sharing with those you love. The top reason to enjoy Daily Juice this holiday season is to share the love with others. At Juice Guru we live by the motto: juice. share. love. In our opinion, juicing with and for your family and friends is the best way to show them just how much you care.
Now that you know why you should enjoy Daily Juice, here are some recipes you may need…
Basic Daily Green Juice
This juice is well-balanced, full of nutrition and – most important – easy to make during your busy holiday season.
4 green apples (cored and sliced)
1 lemon (outer rind cut off and quartered)
½ bunch of kale
½ bunch of spinach
Alternate apples, lemon, kale and spinach through your juicer. Serve and enjoy.
Cold and Flu Buster
Steve got knocked down pretty bad with the flu this winter. Thankfully, I kicked it in just 3 days without any harmful medications. This was my daily regiment (combined with mushroom extract for immunity building):
6 ribs of celery
1/2 bunch of kale
1 red apple
1/4 inch ginger (peeled)
1 dash of cayenne pepper
Alternate celery, apple, kale, lemon, ginger and cucumber through your juicer. Gently stir in cayenne pepper. Serve and enjoy.
And remember … juice. share. love.