Bean Pasta with Brussels Sprouts and "Blue Cheese"
Create a zesty "blue cheese" sauce by blending together some unexpected ingredients. It is the perfect complement to the Brussels sprouts and bean pasta in this dish and also works well with all kinds of steamed vegetables.
- 8 ounces bean pasta, cooked according to package directions, rinsed under cold water and drained
- 1 pound fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, cleaned and left whole if small, or cut in half if large
- 2 red onions, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- FOR THE BLUE CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unhulled sesame seeds
- 1 (12.3 ounce) package firm silken tofu
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy, hemp or almond milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white low-sodium miso
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- While the pasta is cooking, puree all of the blue cheese sauce ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- In a large pan, saute the onions and Brussels sprouts in a little water or white wine until the onions are translucent and the sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the pasta and the parsley to the pan, pour in the blue cheese sauce and cook until heated through, stirring to coat everything with the sauce.
- Divide among 6 plates and sprinkle with additional parsley. Serve immediately.
- If desired, some chopped apples may be added when you are sautéing the sprouts.
Calories per serving: 379 kcal
Fat per serving: 12.37 g
Saturated fat per serving: 1.8 g
Carbs per serving: 47 g
Protein per serving: 25 g
Sugar per serving: 6 g
Sodium per serving: 185.29 mg
Trans fat per serving: 0.0 g
© 2001 – 2018 Juice Guru, LLC