Cuban Black Beans
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free
These delicious Cuban-style black beans are hearty, satisfying and easy to prepare. A perfect way to get your daily serving of beans.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups no-salt-added or low sodium tomato juice (see note)
- 4 1/4 cups cooked or 3 (15 ounce) cans, no-salt-added or low sodium black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup no-salt-added or low sodium tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon no-salt seasoning blend, adjusted to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in a large pan and water sauté the onion and pepper until tender.
- Add tomato juice and next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Select tomato products packaged in glass jars or cartons. These materials do not contain BPA.
Calories per serving: 206.32 kcal
Fat per serving: 1.13 g
Saturated fat per serving: 0.23 g
Carbs per serving: 39.36 g
Protein per serving: 12.49 g
Sugar per serving: 6.53 g
Sodium per serving: 440.96 mg
© 2001 – 2018 Juice Guru, LLC