These avocado boats are terrific as a snack or a meal. They’re cheesy, filling, and simple and highly addictive! Kids love them, too (maybe without the cayenne), so serve up a plate for the whole family.
AU: “I loved cayenne as a kid! Other kids might love it, too.”
Yield: 6 avocado boats Prep time: 15 minutes Serving size: 1 avocado boat
Each serving has:
- 183 calories
- 11g carbohydrates
- 15g fat
- 9g fiber
- 6g protein
- 3% vitamin A
- 17% vitamin C
- 1% calcium
- 10% magnesium
- 5% iron
- 14% potassium
- 3 medium to large avocados, pitted
- ½ tsp. Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 2 TB. nutritional yeast flakes
- Pinch cayenne
- ½ tsp. nama shoyu (optional)
- Peel avocados, slice in half, and remove pits.
- Sprinkle Himalayan sea salt, nutritional yeast flakes, and cayenne into hollow of each half.
- Sprinkle nama shoyu (if using) over each avocado boat, and serve.