This pungent yet light and zesty hummus spread is complex and delicious. You can use it as a spread in a collard green wrap, use it in a sandwich, or serve it as a dip with some sliced veggies.
Yield: About 3 cups Prep time: 15 minutes Serving size: ½ cup
Each serving has:
- 258 calories
- 12g carbohydrates
- 23g fat
- 4g fiber
- 6g protein
- 4% vitamin A
- 32% vitamin C
- 14% calcium
- 11% magnesium
- 6% iron
- 11% potassium
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup raw tahini
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 to 4 small cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 ½ tsp. Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- In a high-speed blender, combine zucchini, tahini, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, and cumin.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Serve with sliced vegetables such as cucumber, carrots, and zucchini, or roll into a sandwich with 1 collard green.
- Top with sliced tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, and/or alfalfa sprouts as desired.