This chocolate gets hard within 30 minutes of being out in the freezer. It can be kept in the freezer indefinitely, but needs to be eaten right away when taken out because coconut oils melts at room temperature. This means it remains liquid inside the body, unlike hydrogenated fats and oils in commercial chocolate. Pure raw coconut oil is really good for you.
- 1 cup cacao powder (sifted to remove lumps)
- 1/4 cup carob powder (sifted to remove lumps)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (warmed to clear liquid at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix in bowl, pour in mold or dip strawberry (or other fruit) in the mix.
- Place in freezer.
- Ready in 1 hour.
- Eat right away.