Build a Thriving Wellness Business With the Power of Juice
Creamed Kale and Chickpeas
An easy and incredibly delicious entrée, combine sautéed kale, onions and chickpeas with a creamy garlic cashew sauce.
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 cup unsweetened soy, almond or hemp milk
1 clove garlic
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added or low sodium chickpeas, drained
1 bunch kale, tough stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
1. Place cashews, non-dairy milk and garlic in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Heat 2-3 tablespoons water in a large skillet or dutch oven and water saute the onion and carrots for 5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Stir in the chickpeas.
4. Gradually add the kale and saute until kale starts to wilt, adding additional water as needed to prevent sticking.
5. Cover and cook until kale is tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Stir in cashew sauce and crushed red pepper. Cook, uncovered for 2-3 minutes until heated through.