Build a Thriving Wellness Business With the Power of Juice
Creamy Avo Pasta
This quick and easy main course is a staple in our home. The creamy avocado dressing is the perfect compliment to the protein-rich quinoa pasta. Because avocados oxidize quickly after you slice them, this sauce is best served immediately.
9 ounces (255 grams) quiona pasta
1 large garlic clove
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons of water for oil-free)
1 ripe large avocado, pitted
1 tablespoon purified water
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Cook the quinoa pasta according to the instructions on the package.
3. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce:
4. In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
5. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, avocado, and 1 tablespoon water and process until smooth
6. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more oil.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot.
9. Add all of the avocado sauce and stir until combined.
10. Gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled, or serve at room temperature.
11. Top with pepper, lemon zest, and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Have you tried these tips or recipes?
Awesome Avocado Kale Salad
This incredibly delicious salad has a tart and mildly cheesy flavor plus an amazing mouth feel that will satisfy any cravings for a heavy meal.
Raw Waldorf Salad
This fresh and crunchy raw waldorf salad will knock your socks off with its complex, sweet, and savory bits!