Creamy Avo Pasta
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free
This quick and easy main course is a staple in our home. The creamy avocado dressing is the perfect compliment to the protein-rich quinoa pasta. Because avocados oxidize quickly after you slice them, this sauce is best served immediately.
- 9 ounces (255 grams) quiona pasta
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons of water for oil-free)
- 1 ripe large avocado, pitted
- 1 tablespoon purified water
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook the quinoa pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce:
- In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, avocado, and 1 tablespoon water and process until smooth
- If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot.
- Add all of the avocado sauce and stir until combined.
- Gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled, or serve at room temperature.
- Top with pepper, lemon zest, and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Calories per serving: 496.23 kcal
Fat per serving: 18.14 g
Saturated fat per serving: 2.65 g
Carbs per serving: 72.32 g
Protein per serving: 13.09 g
Sugar per serving: 3.09 g
Sodium per serving: 205.7 mg
© 2001 – 2018 Juice Guru, LLC