Sweet carrots and apples are perfectly balanced with the tang of tart lemon, savory celery, and robust bell pepper.
Note: We recommend using heirloom carrots to avoid the high sugar content in traditional organic carrots. These can be found in many health food stores. They are often white, light orange or purple in color.
- 6 medium to large carrots
- 3 medium Fuji apples, cored and sliced
- 3 large celery stalks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, and sliced
- 3 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- In a low-rpm juicer, alternate pressing carrots, Fuji apple slices, celery, red bell pepper slices, and romaine lettuce leaves.
- Stir in hand-squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.