This recipe is a “go to” juice for your daily dose of vitamins and energy, and the easiest way to incorporate daily juicing into your lifestyle. By shopping for these ingredients weekly, you will always have what you need in your fridge, ready to juice. And the main ingredients are generally available year-round. Yet, the Daily Classic recipe gives you the flexibility to change it up with different flavors, so you won’t get tired of the “same old, same old.”
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 cucumbers
- 6 leaves of kale (curly kale is tastiest)
- 1 small lemon (peeled, pith intact)
- ½ inch of ginger (peeled)
Options to Change it up (replace or add):
- 6 leaves of swiss chard, spinach and/ or romaine lettuce (in place of kale)
- 2 granny smith apples (in place of 1 to 1 1/2 cucumbers)
- 1 large red bell pepper (in place of ginger)
- 1 medium Heirloom Tomato and 1 cup fresh basil (in place of ginger)
- Handful of Mint (to add or in place of ginger)
- 1 small lime (to add or in place of lemon)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (to add or in place of ginger)
- 1 bunch of parsley (to add)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper or a dash of cayenne pepper (to add or in place of ginger for spice!)
- Get creative and let us know in the comments below if you have any “can’t miss” options!
1. In a low-rpm juicer, alternate pressing ingredients.
2. Stir and serve immediately.
(Yields 32 ounces)