What if I told you there is a quick fix to help amp up all areas of your life; Physical, Spiritual, Mental and Emotional? What if I told you that there is a readily-available “superfood” of sorts that could heighten your overall life performance to an optimal level? You would want it, right? Well, then the magic of juicing is for you.
Fresh Juice Feeds the Body and Mind
It’s no secret that fresh fruits and vegetables are essential foods for getting and staying healthy. But what you might not know is that drinking fresh squeezed juice every day can make you healthier and more aware than you’ve ever been. For centuries healers around the globe have known this secret and used juices to heal. Fresh juice is like a magical live liquid vitamin pill – rich with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other vital nutrients – that, unlike a synthetic pill, injects right into your body’s cells. This has major advantage over synthetic supplements; there is no danger of toxicity, accumulation, or imbalance like with supplements.
What can you expect from daily juicing? The benefits you can expect to enjoy include higher energy levels and stamina, faster recovery from exercise or illness, a slowing of the aging process, a sharper mind, and better overall health. And juicing does all this with no side effects, other than complete refreshing satisfaction.
We’re Not Talkin’ Your Grocer’s Juice
To be clear, I am not referring to bottled juice you might find in the supermarket or even health food stores. Bottled juices are often convenient and less expensive than fresh pressed organic juice, but there are many reasons to avoid them. Bottled juices are loaded with added sugars. And because they are heated to 145° F/ 62.8° C to make them shelf stable, the valuable enzymes in these juices are deactivated and much of their nutritional value is lost. Various chemical additives are often used in the processing of bottled juices. And worse still, the water used to reconstitute bottled juices made from fruit concentrate is often tap water or water from industrial zoned areas. Fresh juices go right from the plant to your cells – with no alteration and nothing added.
Juicing is a Cut Above a Green Smoothie
Also, Juicing is NOT the same as green smoothies. Infomercials have been spreading misinformation that blending vegetables and fruit in a small blender (or blenders in disguise) will create juice, but this is simply not true. When we juice, we want to eliminate fiber from the drink. Why? Fiber slows down absorption of the concentrated micro and macro nutrients in your juice. Yes, fiber is an important part of a whole foods diet, but when we are drinking fresh, raw and organic juices, we want to remove the fiber for quick absorption into our bloodstream and organs.
Through the process of juicing, the juice is separated from the fiber, allowing your body to access more nutrients from fresh fruits and vegetables than you could any other way. Since you are able to assimilate the nutrients more rapidly, your body undergoes less digestive work, leaving more energy for other metabolic processes (not the same with blended smoothies and you WILL feel the difference).
What you Need to Know to Start Juicing Now
Here are some tips to get you started:
- You don’t need a high priced machine. Check out eBay for a used juicer. Our favorite is the newer vertical single auger machines. Hurom Juicers are great; easy to set up, use, and clean up. Plus they yield a good amount of juice from your produce (a big money saver).
- Go Organic. When we are juicing, we are consuming natural medicine straight from the earth. Don’t let pesticides, herbicides and fungicides get in the way with giving your body the best you can. Yes, it’s more money…but in terms of taking care of your health, you’ll be saving in the long run.
- Start slow, with one juice a day. We recommend starting your day with a fresh organic juice on an empty stomach. That is the concept behind our Juice Guru “Daily Juice” concept. Progress to two juices a day as soon as possible, since Wanderlust 108 is coming soon.
2 Apples (Fuji are great for juicing)
1 small lemon, peeled (leave the white pith intact, it’s loaded with nutrients)
1/4” piece peeled fresh ginger 1. In a low-rpm juicer, alternate pressing red apple slices, pear slices, lemon and ginger.
2. Stir and serve immediately.
Eternal Bliss (PM Juice)
1 medium celery stalk
1 medium cucumber
2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced 4 medium kale leaves
4 leaves of spinach (or chard)
7 large sprigs of cilantro
1. In a low-rpm juicer, alternate pressing celery, cucumber, green apple slices, kale leaves, spinach (or chard) leaves and parsley.
2. Stir and serve immediately.
Take a breath, stretch, and follow this juicing plan immediately. You can expect to thrive from today and forward, for the rest of your life.
Have a drink on YOU!